Tube Screamers: TS808, TS9 & TS10, JHS Bonsai, Walrus, RYRA & Hudson – That Pedal Show
Published on Aug 3, 2018
Welcome to That Pedal Show! Please subscribe to our channel and visit our store https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
In this episode we skip merrily once again down the Green-brick road towards Emerald City to try and find our way back to Tube Screamer home. DorothyDan clicks the heels of his ruby slippers and ends up, happily for this overblown analogy, right back in Kansas where the JHS Bonzai is waiting. Mick is probably Toto, about to be euthanised by all the people who wished he’d play the PRS Wicked Witch Of The West Silver Sky. The Audio Kitchen Big Chopper is probably Glinda The Good Witch Of The North.This analogy has definitely run its course now.
For anyone who actually wants some information (welcome, you must be new), the Ibanez Tube Screamer is among the most used/loved/hated/fabled/derided overdrives of all time ever. We have the three most popular ones – TS808, TS9 and TS10 – and we’re comparing them with what seems to be the best Tube Screamer clone yet: the JHS Bonsai. And some other things…
Okay, please enjoy the episode.
Pedals in this episode…
• D’Addario Pedal Tuner
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2tIN4lD
• Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer w Keeley MOD+
No longer made, try https://www.mammothelectronics.com/bl...
• Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2dvn8Xy
• Ibanez TS-10 Tube Screamer
No longer made
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2OGd10i
• JHS Bonsai
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2MfRRV8
• Walrus Audio Warhorn
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2KohukO
• RYRA The 808 Overdrive Pedal
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2ODRkxP
• BOSS SD-1w Super Overdrive
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2h8pDvx
• JHS Panther Cub V2 Delay
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2AFrfLW
• Empress Reverb
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2wpXw6M
• TheGigRig G2
Why do we have preferred retailer links? Find out here: http://www.thatpedalshow.com/partners
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 0:00
- What are we doing today? 2:30
- Today’s pedals: 3:09
- The ‘new’ TS10: 3:45
- Today’s amps – Audio Kitchen Big Chopper: 4:08
- Today’s amps – Fender Super Reverb: 5:55
- JHS Bonsai & Keeley 808 Mod+: 8:11 (9:08)
- Slow Dancing again; tangent: 10:08
- Differences between the 808 and the TS10? 11:15
- JHS Bonsai and the TS808+: 11:45
- TS9 and the Bonsai: 14:20
- TS808 & TS9: 16:11
- TS10 & Bonsai: 16:57
- It’s not an SD-1 YOU IDIOTS! 21:12
- But we’ll do the comparison anyway.
- The Keeley setting in the Bonsai: 23:14
- Yes, the back wall has shrunk: 25:30
- RYRA 808, Leeley 808 and the Bonsai: 26:45
- Walrus Audio Warhorn: 30:17
- Hudson Sidecar: 35:35
- Warhorn with humbuckers and P90s pickups: 41:35
- RYRA 808 with humbuckers and P90s: 43:39
- Nobody needs another Tube Screamer? 46:10
- Bonsai and P90s: 50:01
Guitars in this episode:
• Fender Custom Shop 1963 Telecaster - watch Dan’s video at http://bit.ly/2dlZJ6K
• Fender John Mayer Signature Stratocaster, 2008
• Collings I-30LC http://www.collingsguitars.com/electr...
• Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard - watch Dan’s video at http://bit.ly/2dbwbvS
Amps in this episode
• Audio Kitchen Big Chopper & 2x12 cabinet with 1 x Celestion Alnico Blue and 1 x Celestion G12H Anniversary http://www.audiokitchen.co.uk/big-cho...
• Fender Super Reverb with 4x10-inch Jensen P10R speakers https://shop.fender.com/en-GB/guitar-...
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.
You may even want to buy a T-shirt to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are also on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives
Please visit our preferred retailers!
UK & Europe: Andertons Music http://bit.ly/2cRvIvt
Australia: Pedal Empire http://bit.ly/2mWmJQf