Tsakalis Phonkify, Chase Tone ’68 Red Velvet, Lounsberry Nigel, Keeley Delay Workstation
Published on Jul 10, 2018
This is Dan’N’Mick’s Pick’N’Mix where we feature four pedal that are new (to us anyway).
Our agenda is purely to plug them in, see what cool sounds and features we find, and combine them in whatever way inspires. That’s it!
We start funky with the Tsakalis Audio Works Phonkify – a super versatile envelope filter / octave with nasty and smooth modes. It also has an input for an expression pedal, but we managed to miss that. It would control the frequency range of the of the envelope, giving you wah-like control. Y'know, if you actually plugged it in.
The Chase Tone ’68 Red Velvet Fuzz is a unique BC183 silicon fuzz inspired by that magic era. Extra controls up top mean it’s way more versatile than a traditional fuzz face.
Lounsberry pedals is a new name to us, so we check out the Nigel – a harmonic slab of goodly rock overdrive for which Dan goes all gooey. And finally, how it’s taken us so long to get the Keeley Delay Workstation on the show is anyone’s guess. A dual pedal with 8 different delays and reverbs combinable in a whole bunch of useful ways. A no-brainer one-stop delay and reverb for minimalists who nevertheless want a bit of versatility. Let’s plug in!
Enjoy the video…
Pedals in this video
• TheGigRig Three2One
• D’Addario Pedal Tuner
UK & Europe:
• Tsakalis AudioWorks Phonkify
• Chase Tone ’68 Red Velvet Fuzz
• Lounsberry Nigel
• Keeley Delay Workstation
UK & Europe:
• The GigRig G2
* Why do we have preferred retailer links? Find out here:
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Phonkify!: 0:00
- Welcome… 1:58
- Today’s amps… and more Phonkify: 3:42
- Owen Barry: 6:15
- Chase Tone Fuzz: 7:00 (8:08)
- Lounsberry Nigel: 14:43
- Keeley Delay Workstation: 22:44
- All on! 29:40
Guitars in this episode
• Fender Custom Shop ’52 Telecaster –watch our video at
• Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster – watch Mick’s video at
• Gibson Memphis 1958 ES-335 (no video yet)
• Collings 290 DC S – watch Mick’s video at
• Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard – watch Dan’s video at
Amps in this episode
• Marshall 1987x with 1960A cabinet and Celestion G12M Greenback speakers
• Victory V30 The Countess MkII with V212VH cabinet and 1 x Celestion Vintage 30 and 1 x Celestion G12H Anniversary speakers
We hope you enjoy this video. Please subscribe to our channel.
You may even want to buy a T-shirt to support our efforts
We are also on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives
Please visit our preferred retailers!
UK & Europe: Andertons Music
Australia: Pedal Empire