That Pedal Show – Live From The Boss 40th Anniversary Event In London
Published on Nov 3, 2017
This episode is a live recording from the Boss 40th Anniversary celebration/exhibition at The House Of Vans, London, during September 2017.
We share some experiences of our first Boss pedals before going over some overdrive/gain stacking basics with the SD-1w and BD-2w, then move on the joys of Dan’s vintage CE-1 Chorus ensemble. Next up is wet/dry with the VB-2w Vibrato and we end up getting all gooey over the DM-2w Delay.
There are some audience questions at the end. If you find them hard to hear, the info is included in the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
We’re back to something approaching ‘normal’ next week!
A note on noise and sound…
The House Of Vans in London is an awesome social space, pretty much beneath Waterloo Station. Throughout the video we have Tube trains rumbling overhead, with all the electrical crazyness that brings. It's an entirely unusual atmosphere for interference and noise, hence why our single coils are susceptible to plenty of extraneous noise.
But no, we still wouldn't change them. :0)
MASSIVE thanks to Boss Europe and The House Of Vans in London for all the help and effort putting this together (of which we were just a teeny tiny part).
Enjoy the video…
Pedals in this episode…
• TheGigRig Three2One
• Boss SD-1w Waza Craft Super Overdrive
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2h8pDvx
• Boss BD-2 Blues Driver (Keeley Mod).
Try the BD-2w…
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2fBdXnz
• Boss CE-1 Chorus Ensemble
Discontinued, try the CE-2w…
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2fkq9tv
• Boss VB-2w Waza Craft Vibrato
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2j1ZyQf
• Boss DM-2w Waza Craft Delay
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2hzsoth
• The GigRig G2: http://bit.ly/2h8xSay
* Why do we have preferred retailer links? Find out here: http://www.thatpedalshow.com/partners
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro & background: 00:00
- Overdrive pedals and the SD-1w: 3:00
- Dan’s journey with the BD-2: 12:40
- A quick horn digression: 15:00
- Back to the BD-2 via Andy Timmons: 16:20
- Dan’s joint favourite pedal ever – the CE-1 Chorus Ensemble: 23:00
- …but it’s broken, and still sounds cool! 24:20
- It wasn’t designed for guitar and it’s a great OD pedal. Eh? 30:22
- Chorus, Vibrato, wet/dry, etc: 36:30
- VB-2w Vibrato: 40:15
- Is vibrato the least popular guitar effect ever? 45:40
- Delay – DM-2w: 49:08
- Short delay times with the DM-2 - awesome puncher! 52:07
- Q&A: 56:50
- How many OD pedals would you stack before you ‘need’ to use a pedal switcher?: 56:50
- Do you tune your amp's EQ to every room, or only adjust the volume? 1:00:00
- Is it a general truism that the more pedals you’re using for gain, the cleaner and flatter your amp should be? 1:02:46
Guitars in this episode
• Fender Custom Shop ’63 Telecaster – watch Dan’s video at http://bit.ly/2dlZJ6K
• Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster – watch Mick’s video at http://bit.ly/2cQv3yT
We hope you enjoy this video. Please subscribe to our channel.
You may even want to buy a T-shirt to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are also on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives
Please visit our preferred retailers!
UK & Europe: Andertons Music http://bit.ly/2cRvIvt
Australia: Pedal Empire http://bit.ly/2mWmJQf