That Pedal Show – Kirk Fletcher Drops In For A Pedalboard Rebuild
Published on Jan 12, 2018
In this episode we welcome the fantabulous Kirk Fletcher to That Pedal Shed. Kirk is a supremely talented solo artist, sideman and all-round wonderful human being from Los Angeles, California.
But heavens, he is in dire need of a pedalboard upgrade!
We start by having a look at the pedals Kirk is currently using, before Dan gets it into a bit more order by replacing the power solution and putting it all on a small board with a QMX8 loop switcher by TheGigRig.
If you want to see more detail about how Dan approaches board builds, power and so on, please check the Matt Schofield board build video here: https://youtu.be/sgxJZu6LgLM and Mick’s pedalboard build here: https://youtu.be/-wpAnCeHPQs The techniques and processes are all the same.
We then move on to a bit of Kirk’s background and playing history, before coming back to the board and experimenting a little more.
Please check out Kirk’s music by visiting his website http://kirkfletcherband.com/
His 2010 solo album is called ‘My Turn’ - available at all decent sources online - and there is a new album on its way in 2018!
A huge thanks to Kirk for coming to see us! Please enjoy the video…
Pedals in this episode…
• TheGigRig QMX8
• Vox V847-A Wah Pedal
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2CVM5mK
• TC Electronic PolyTune 2 Mini
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2jKaukT
• Lovepedal Tchula
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2EAmBvE
• Vemuram Jan Ray
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2FvsYBS
• JAM Pedals Tube Dreamer
• Electro-Harmonix Small Stone EH4800 Phase Shifter
No longer made in this format, but…
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2mnvelY
• TC Electronic Flashback Mini
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2h8sZOG
• TC Electronic Flashback (some originals left Jan 2018, Flashback 2 also available)
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2u3UHm8
• Catalinbread Topanga
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2mj3leK
Why do we have preferred retailer links? Find out here: http://www.thatpedalshow.com/partners
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 00:00
- That’s Josh Smith we’re talking about: 2:00
- You can say ‘blues’ Dan: 2:20
- What are we doing today anyway?: 2:45
- Kirk’s current pedals: 4:00
- Dan builds the board montage: 8:30
- Hang on, that was already on?! 9:55
- Lovepedal Tchula: 12:00
- Vox V847 wah: 13:55
- Vemuram Jan Ray: 14:30
- JAM Pedals Tube Dreamer: 15:00
- EHX Small Stone: 15:34
- TC Electronic Flashbacks: 17:15
- Josh Smith’s Flashback Toneprint: 21:25
- Some history and background on Kirk’s playing journey: 24:30
- Dumble introduced you to Landau?! 28:10
- All back to BB (and T Bone): 31:15 (32:23)
- Moving towards Robben: 25:30 (37:12)
- Y’know, uptown! 40:10
- A little jam: 41:00
- Back to the board… 44:00
- Kirk noodles for a while with his Collings and Mick’s Strat: 50:21
- A little more jam: 55:25
- And a bit with the Victory Sheriff 44 (and Dan’s Tele after a while): 59:18
Amps in this episode
• Fender Super Reverb combo (reissue) with 4x10-inch Jensen P10R speakers
• Victory Sheriff 44 into Marshall 2061x 2x12 cabinet with Celestion G12H Anniversary speakers
Guitars in this episode
• Collings I-35LC: http://www.collingsguitars.com/electr...
• Fender American Vintage Stratocaster: watch Mick’s video at http://bit.ly/2cQv3yT
• Fender Custom Shop 1963 Telecaster: watch Dan’s video at http://bit.ly/2dlZJ6K
We hope you enjoy this video. Please subscribe to our channel.
You may even want to buy a T-shirt to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are also on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives
Please visit our preferred retailers!
UK & Europe: Andertons Music http://bit.ly/2cRvIvt
Australia: Pedal Empire http://bit.ly/2mWmJQf