That Pedal Show – Joey Landreth Special: New Pedalboard, Performances & More!
Published on Feb 3, 2017
We are absolutely delighted to bring you this show with our vey special guest, Joey Landreth.
We first met Joey in 2016 having stumbled across his band at the time, The Brothers Landreth and their spectacularly good album, Let It Lie.
For 2017 Joey is embarking on a solo career with his debut release, Whiskey. We just don’t have enough good words to say about the man – please check out his online world here: http://www.joeylandreth.com/
In today’s show, we take a quick run through Joey’s new pedalboard (built by Dan of course). It was finished about an hour before we started shooting, so these are Joey’s first impressions with it.
Joey is playing his Collings I-35 LC, Suhr Classic Pro and Waterloo WL-14 guitars. He even treats us to a couple of songs (recorded at the other end of That Pedal Shed!).
Pedals in this episode…
• TheGigRig Three2One
• Dingotone Imperial Fuzz
• Vemuram Shanks
• Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe
• Mythos Mjolnir Overdrive
• Vemuram Jan Ray
• Fishman Aura Spectrum DI
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2kYAo9U
• Chicago Iron Tychobrahe Octavian
• Origin Effects SlideRig Compact
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2fIChER
• Thorpy Fallout Cloud
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2fGjNk8
• Mooer Treilcopter
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2i8yiDi
• Strymon TimeLine
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2fzulGD
• TC Electronic PolyTune 2
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2jKaukT
• The GigRig G2: http://bit.ly/2h8xSay
* Why do we have preferred retailer links? Find out here: http://www.thatpedalshow.com/partners
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Episode preview: 00:00 - 01:13
- Introduction, background and how we all met: 01:14
- Joey’s basic pedal requirements: 06:40
- Octavian sounds: 09:02
- Joey’s tuning intervals: 10:08 (playing at 12:57)
- Today’s amps: 13:43
- Vemuram Shanks discussion and sounds: 14:10
- Joey’s approach to drive pedals: 20:22
- Dingotone Imperial Fuzz: 20:50
- String gauges?: 21:20
- Delay and drive sounds for the track Whiskey, for Joey’s live solo gigs: 23:36
- Muffroom Cloud, Jan Ray, TimeLine: 25:46
- Joey performs Whiskey at That Pedal Shed: 26:44
- The Mythos Mjolnir story: 31:25 (playing at 33:33)
- Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe sounds: 34:16
- Why is Dan so spaced out today?: 35:40
- Joey’s Suhr Classic Antique, The Collings I-35 and using the - Three2One: 36:17
- Fishman Aura Spectrum DI discussion: 39:17 (playing at 42:17 – please note there’s no DI to a full range amp/speaker, where there would be in a live situation, so you’re only hearing the electric guitars amps)
- The Waterloo WL-14: 41:06
- Joey’s transition to the open tuning from standard: 43:10
- Joey performs Our Love at That Pedal Shed: 45:56
- Origin SlideRig Compact Deluxe: 49:02 (sounds at 50:09)
- SlideRig, TimeLine & Trelicopter sounds: 51:22
- Joey plays us out: 58:30
Amps in this episode
• Lazy J 20 with 1 x 12 Celestion Alnico Cream speaker
• Fender Super Reverb Reissue with 4 x 10-inch Jensen P10R speakers
Guitars in this episode
• Collings I-35 LC http://www.collingsguitars.com/electr...
• Waterloo WL-14 http://www.waterlooguitars.com/wl-14/
• Suhr Classic Antique http://www.suhr.com/instruments/class...
Gear For Joey’s Performances at 26:44 & 45:56
We’re using an AKG C414XL mic for the vocals (and spill from the guitar amps!)
Joey’s pedalboard goes into a Fender Super Reverb mic’d with Sennheiser e906.
Everything recorded straight into a Zoom H6, then mixed in Logic, plus a little bit of plate reverb and compression plug-in.
We hope you enjoy this video. Please subscribe to our channel.
You may even want to buy a T-shirt to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are also on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives
Please visit our preferred retailers!
UK & Europe: Andertons Music http://bit.ly/2cRvIvt
Australia: Pedal Empire http://bit.ly/2mWmJQf