Stereo vs Wet/Dry For Two-Amp Rigs: Which Would You Choose?
Published on Apr 8, 2016
In this video Daniel and Mick begin by discussing stereo reverbs and delays – they sound totally massive and wonderful if you have the environment to enjoy them to the full.
They then move on to discuss the benefits and drawbacks of a full stereo rig, talking about signal routing and stage practicalities, before moving on to a simpler approach to massive sounds: the Wet/Dry rig.
Here are some interesting bits and references from today’s vid…
• How do you use stereo effects pedals into two amps? 9:27
• How does Andy Timmons run his stereo effects? 10:20
Here's a link to a diagram to help explain a classic stereo effect in dual amp loop set up - http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/TheGigPig/image_zpsrzzriqhk.jpeg
• How does Rabea Massaad set up his stereo effects, and what are the kinds of problems might you encounter when using effects loops / stereo pedals into two amps? 11:43
• Not all loops are equal… 14:35
• Why Dan prefers wet/dry instead of stereo, plus demos/sound examples from the wet/dry rig 15:44
• Loop / signal routing explanation for today’s wet/dry rig 18:45
Diagram for wet/dry rig - http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/TheGigPig/image_zpsjnc3shum.jpeg
The pedals we’re using today are…
• Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem - no longer made
• Chasebliss Audio Warped Vinyl Vibrato/Chorus - now mk3
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2H7vIJ9
• Hamstead Soundworks Signature Analogue Tremolo
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2KZaIW2
• Strymon TimeLine
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2fzulGD
• Neunaber Immerse - now mk2
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2QFbjkg
Mick is playing a Collings 290 DC S and a Gretsch Players Edition 6118T Anniversary.
Dan is playing a Fender Custom Shop ’63 Telecaster.
Amps are a Mallard 18-watt Marshall clone through a Marshall 2061cx 2x12 cabinet, and a reissue Fender Super Reverb with 4x10 Jensen alnico speakers.
As always, all pedal and amp switching and routing is handled by TheGigRig G2.
For more on TheGigRig see www.thegigrig.com
Please buy a T-shirt! http://www.thatpedalshowstore.com/