Spectacular Reverbs! [Strymon NightSky, Chase Bliss CXM 1978, Eventide Blackhole]
Published 27 Nov 2020
Three spectacular new reverb pedals released this year – what hugeness can we coax from them?
Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
Welcome all ye tone seekers! In this episode Daniel and I take a look at the three big reverb releases in 2020. Well, Daniel does – I kinda nod a lot and get swept along.
Reverb pedals have advanced perhaps more than any other genre in recent years with companies honing ever more powerful DSP into musician-friendly, easy-to-understand interfaces.
This trio fits that description perfectly, offering exciting paths towards true inspiration.
If you're minded to tell us about all the awesome reverb pedals we didn't put in this video, we know. We know we know we know we know. We know you love your pedals and we know you're disappointed when we don't put your pedals in our videos. We have to make a selection and today, this is it. Cheers!
Filmed before lockdown, just in case you were wondering.
Enjoy the episode!
Pedals & stuff in this episode…
• Eventide Blackhole
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/37a95z1
• Strymon NightSky
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/3l7QuIH
• Chase Bliss Audio CXM 1978
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/31U6LKu
• Free The Tone FF-1Y Future Factory RF Phase Modulated Delay
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/3oFVZ4j
• Analog Man modded Maxon OD-9 with Bad Bob Boost
• Keeley D&M Drive (Label Maker Edition) - Links to normal version, same circuit
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2oTblU1
• TC Electronic Sub n Up Octaver
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2djv9db
* Why do we have preferred retailer links? Find out here: http://www.thatpedalshow.com/partners
Mick's 'lead' board (our of shot)
• Kingsley Maiden D
• Kingsley Paso Doble (basically a dual Page DS)
• Source Audio Collider…
• All into the effects loop return of the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 00:00
- What are we doing today?: 02:06
- Today's pedals overview: 05:07
- Today's amps and spring reverb: 09:13
- Eventide Blackhole sounds: 10:42
- Short Blackhole 'jam': 19:50
- Mick's Les Paul rig?: 22:00
- Strymon NightSky sounds: 23:25
- NightSky 'jam': 25:20
- Chase Bliss CXM1978 sounds: 34:40
- Rock'n'roll room?: 48:20
- Summing up thoughts?: 51:56
- CXM1978 'jam': 53:22
Guitars in this episode:
• Fender Custom Shop 1963 Telecaster - Dan’s video at http://bit.ly/2dlZJ6K
• Gibson Custom True Historic ’57 Les Paul Goldtop, Murphy Aged
• 1965 Fender Telecaster - no video yet
Amps in this episode (Tone King and Deluxe Reverb doing the stereo reverbs)
• Tone King Imperial MkII & 112 cab
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/2Pe1abo
USA: Head: https://imp.i114863.net/0WZMY
• Fender ’65 Deluxe Reverb
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/2G9OnFJ
• Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Links to latest version
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2KBwMWc
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.
You can buy TPS merch to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives