Old Fave Pedals Revisited [Are We Still Fizzy About These Tones?]
Published 28 Jul 2023
Welcome to the show! Dan and I have been asked for this a lot. Could we revisit some of the stuff we gushed over in years gone by, plug it in again, give it a schwang and see if it still holds up?
That’s exactly what we’re doing today with a handful of pedals that slipped a metaphorical mento in to our bottle of Coke back in the day.
What about today - are we still fizzy? Let’s find out…
Please enjoy the show!
And please visit That Pedal Shop https://www.thatpedalshop.com/
Pedals & Stuff in this episode
• TheGigRig Three2One
• Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-200
• Thorpy FX Muffroom Cloud - Now called the Fallout Cloud
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/2fGjNk8
• Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
• Tru-Fi Colordriver
• Hartman Analog Flanger - no longer made
• T-Rex Replicator, slightly different now, but…
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/3OvIOln
• Neon Egg Planetarium
• TheGigRig G3
Interesting bits & go to sections
0:00 Intro playing
2:23 What are we doing today?
3:10 Thorpy Muffroom Cloud intro
5:38 Today’s amps
6:00 Thorpy Muffroom Cloud sounds
11:13 Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem intro
13:49 Carpe Diem sounds
20:27 Tru-Fi Colordriver intro
22:47 Tru-Fi Colordriver sounds
28:27 Hartman Analog Flanger intro
29:14 Hartman Flanger sounds
32:58 Flanger before and after drive
35:28 T Rex Replicator intro
37:30 T Rex Replicator sounds
47:10 Neon Egg Planetarium intro
48:40 Neon Egg Planetarium sounds
55:30 All on?
58:45 Closing thoughts
Guitars used in this episode
• Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster - Mick’s video here: https://youtu.be/5sQUvWHXz74
• Fender Custom Shop ’63 Telecaster - Dan’s video here: https://youtu.be/qfLs2rAWYEU
• Gibson Custom True Historic 1957 Les Paul Goldtop. Murphy Aged - no video yet
Amps in this episode
• Two Rock Classic Reverb Signature 100/50 and 212 cab with TR1265B speakers
• Matchless C-30 & 212 ESD with one Celestion G12M Greenback and one Celestion G12H Anniversary
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.
You can buy TPS merch to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives