Mick Buys His First Ever 12-String Guitar [But Now What?!]
Published 24 May 2022
Welcome to the show! Mick here, hello. As you can see I recently bought a new guitar: for the first time ever I have my very own electric 12-string, so I thought I would share my first hours with it.
As you’ll hear in the video, I bought it with a specific purpose in mind, but before we get to that, let’s walk through the first plugging-in, a little bit of love for the fingerboard and a string change. All that done, I plug in to the rig and see what there is to be found.
Please enjoy the video, and please visit That Pedal Shop https://www.thatpedalshop.com/
I mention some gig dates in the video, so here are the relevant ticket links:
• Thursday 23 June 2022, Frome UK: https://www.cheeseandgrain.com/events/that-pedal-show-band-with-andy-timmons/
• Saturday 25 & Sunday 26 June, Witney UK: https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com/collections/event-tickets
Today’s signal chain is as follows:
Guitar, Vibe, Octafuzz, Tube Screamer, Maiden Preamp, Paso Doble Preamp, SPLIT.
One side of the split then goes Future Factory, Harmonious Monk, Reverb L, Power Amp Side A/ bottom speaker
Other side of the split goes Reverb R, Power Amp Side B / top speaker
Pedals and stuff used in this video
• Schmidt-Array SA-550 XDM
• JAM Pedals Retrovibe MkII
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/36PhBkN
USA That Pedal Shop: https://bit.ly/3pNJ5CW
• Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer [this one is a Keeley mod from 2014]
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/3vBR2ht
USA Sweetwater: https://imp.i114863.net/Ryq1yb
• Mythos Pedals Argo
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2UT0EVw
USA That Pedal Shop: https://bit.ly/3rNY81N
• Kingsley Maiden D Preamp
• Kingsley Paso Doble [not available, link to Page TS which is very similar and much more versatile]
• Free The Tone FF-1Y Future Factory
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/3oFVZ4j
• JAM Pedals Harmonious Monk
UK & Europe:https://bit.ly/3rrB6xR
USA That Pedal Shop: https://bit.ly/3p4En2Z
• Chase Bliss Audio CXM1978 Reverb
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/31U6LKu
• TheGigRig G3 Atom
Interesting bits & go-to sections
0:00 But why Mick, why?
2:58 Why choose this guitar?
6:48 First time plugging in
8:45 What is a 12-string anyway?
16:52 String removing
17:48 Fretboard conditioner
25:50 Nut slot widening
27:25 Dialling in that sound
29:50 Vibe settings
37:52 Closing thinkings
Guitars in this episode:
• Ibanez Artcore AS73-12
Amps & cabs in this episode:
• Mesa/Boogie 50/50 Stereo Power Amp - no longer made, I found this on Reverb.com
• Mesa/Boogie 2x12 with EVM-12L speakers - as above
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.
You can buy TPS merch to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives