Kingsley Valve Pedals With Simon Jarrett
Published on Aug 5, 2016
In this episode we’re joined by Simon Jarrett of Kingsley Amplifiers. http://kingsleyamplifiers.com
Kingsley also makes exceptional valve pedals, including the Jester which is one of Dan’s all-time favourite overdrives.
Simon was in the UK on vacation (he now lives in Canada) and dropped in to see us, treating us to some very tasty playing and some insight into the latest additions to the Kingsley pedal range.
It was an absolute pleasure (not to mention an education) to hang out for a couple of hours!
Interesting go-to bits
• Intro and a bit of valve pedal background: 1:57
• The Page (boost/light OD) overview: 4:59
• Simon’s guitar playing background and how it feeds into amp & pedal design: 8:57
• New bass cut switch on the Page: 11:25
Minstrel overview: 12:28
Interlude. Simon playing the Constable into the Page with Mick’s Strat: 14:48
More Minstrel: 15:32
The Harlot overview: 19:07
The Constable overview: 24:44
Simon plays us out using the Page and the Deluxe Memory Man 1100-TT: 31:04
Guitars in this episode:
• Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard
• Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster
• Fender Custom Shop ’63 Telecaster
The amps are a Mesa Lonestar (100 watt) and a Hamstead Artist 20+RT. They’re both running all the time.
As always, all switching and signal routing is handled by TheGigRig G2 www.thegigrig.com
We hope you enjoyed this video! Please subscribe to our channel.
You may even want to buy a T-shirt to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are also on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives