Four Types Of Booster: Which One For You?
Published on May 13, 2016
Welcome to That Pedal Show and thank you for watching – please subscribe to our channel and visit our store https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com/
We are also members of Patreon, should you wish to support us with That Pedal Show https://www.patreon.com/thatpedalshow
In this video Daniel and Mick discuss Boost pedals. We have four kinds to hear: a treble boost, a dirty boost, a ‘clean’ boost and a mid boost. How do they react with clean and dirty amps? How do they react with another overdrive pedal? We’re here to find out…
The pedals we’re using today:
Keeley Java Boost - no longer made
Green Carrot Pedals Dirty Radish
Xotic RC-Booster (Scott Henderson model) - no longer made, try version 2 in the links
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2dYulwD
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2gclnLh
We also use a Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem distortion - no longer made
MXR M300 Reverb
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2hLvESX
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man 1100-TT
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2WbQLhG
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
– Discussion of today’s boosts starts at 2:50
– Sound of the amps with no pedals: 5:22 (Super Reverb) & 6:08 (Victory BD1)
– Treble boost – Keeley Java boost – discussion/explanation: 7:25
– Using a treble boost with another overdrive pedal: 9:11
– Dirty Boost – Green Carrot Pedals Dirty Radish – discussion/ demos: 16:25
– ‘Clean’ Boost – Xotic RC Booster (Scott Henderson model) – discussion/ demos: 19:28
– Mid Boost – Wampler Tumnus – discussion/ demos: 27:36
Mick is playing a Collings 290DC S and Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster. Dan is playing a Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard.
Amps are a Fender Super Reverb with 4x10 Jensen alnico speakers and a Victory BD1 running through a Marshall 2061x with 2x12 Celestion G12H Anniversary speakers.
As always, all pedal and amp switching and routing is handled by TheGigRig G2.
For more on TheGigRig see www.thegigrig.com
If you like this stuff, please buy a T-shirt! http://www.thatpedalshowstore.com/