Four Tube Screamers Compared, plus Klon Centaur & Boss BD-2
Published on Jul 1, 2016
In this video Daniel and Mick take an overview of the fabled Ibanez Tube Screamer, comparing a handful of classic models.
Tube Screamers have been used by a huge range of guitarists, spanning blues to rock to metal and plenty more besides. They work very well in certain situations, less well in others – topics that we touch on during the video.
The pedals today are:
• Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer (Keeley MOD+, non true bypass) - no longer made
• Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2dvn8Xy
• Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Screamer
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/34emi6d
• Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2dRVXa2
• Klon Centaur Professional Overdrive (silver, original edition)
• Boss BD-2 Blues Driver (Keeley mod) - no longer made
Amps today are a Fender Super Reverb (4x10-inch Jensen alnico speakers), and a Hamstead Artist 20+RT through a 1x12 cabinet with a Celestion Alnico Blue speaker.
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
• Fender Super Reverb, no pedals: 1:55
• TS808 intro and example: 2:28
• TS808 & TS9 comparison: 5:39
• TS9DX & TS9 comparison: 7:00
• TS9DX different modes: 7:57
• Telecaster and the TS9DX: 10:35
• Mini and 808 comparison: 12:15
• Mini and 808 max gain: 13:45
• Mini and TS9 max gain: 15:10
• Using a gainer amp: 17:18
• Comparison with Klon Centaur: 22:33
• 808 boosted by Klon: 23:40
• Comparison with Boss BD-2 Blues Driver: 25:39
• Les Paul, Hamstead, Mini Tube Screamer: 28:25
• Les Paul, Hamstead, Boss BD-2: 29:40
• Both amps with 808: 30:59
Daniel is playing a Fender Custom Shop ’63 Telecaster and Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard. Mick is playing a Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster.
As always, all pedal and amp switching and routing is handled by TheGigRig G2.
For more on TheGigRig see www.thegigrig.com
Hope you enjoy this video - please subscribe to our channel!
How about a T-shirt? https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com/