Fender ’65 Deluxe Reverb Vs ’65 Princeton Reverb Guitar Amps?
Published 16 Jul 2021
Two of Fender’s most popular tube amps ever: which one would you buy?
Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
Welcome to the show! We can’t believe it’s taken us quite this long to make this video, but y’know, history is a long time and in paleontological terms we got to it pretty quick.
Erm, undoubtedly two of Fenders best ever small/medium amps in this case in 2021 reissue format. Nothing special, no hand wireds, no special editions - we just plug a bunch of guitars in, use some basic pedals and ask, eventually, which one would you buy?
Please enjoy the episode!
Disclosure info: We bought the ’65 Deluxe Reverb from Fender on an artist discount in 2020. The Princeton is on loan from Fender, and hopefully they will offer us an artist discount on this too!
Pedals & stuff in this episode…
• TheGigRig Three 2 One
• Sonic Research ST-200 Turbo Tuner
• Boss TB-2w Tone Bender
• Browne Amplification Protein Dual
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/2TzGwo6
• Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2dvn8Xy
• JAM Pedals Ripply Fall
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2PoxKu0
• Vahlbruch SpaceTime Echo Delay
• TheGigRig G3
* Why do we have preferred retailer links? Find out here: http://www.thatpedalshow.com/partners
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
0:00 Intro playing
1:34 What are we doing today?
5:50 Deluxe Reverb volume 4 to 7
8:11 Princeton Reverb volume 4 to 7
11:20 Les Paul, clean headroom?
17:20 Headroom with Strat and Casino
22:11 Princeton and Blackguard Telecaster
24:20 Princeton Inputs 1 & 2
25:53 Deluxe headroom with Strat
30:11 Princeton on 10 with Strat
31:58 Princeton on 10 with Les Paul
33:50 Princeton on 10 with Tele
35:50 Cranking the Deluxe to 10
37:10 Both amps on 10 and cleanup
40:44 Which One? Round 1
41:50 Overdrive pedals?
43:00 Princeton & Browne Protein
46:00 Deluxe & Browne Protein
47:15 Both amps & Tube Screamer
48:10 Both amps & Tone Bender
54:35 Reverb & Tremolo, both amps
1:00:30 Modulation, delay and wet-dry
1:05:40 Closing thoughts
Guitars in this episode:
• 1965 Fender Telecaster - no specific video yet
• Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster – Mick’s vid at: https://youtu.be/5sQUvWHXz74
• Gibson Custom True Historic ’57 Les Paul Goldtop, Murphy Aged - no specific video yet
• Fender Custom Shop 1963 Telecaster - Dan’s video at http://bit.ly/2dlZJ6K
• Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster (2001) – Mick’s video at http://bit.ly/2cQv3yT
• 2016 Epiphone Casino (Lollar P90 pickups) - Mick’s video – https://youtu.be/ubwr6Owqp_E
• 2017 Gretsch G5422TG with TV Jones T-Armond pickups – Mick’s video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ANxPxnegUk
• Fender American Original ’60s Jaguar - no specific video yet
Amps in this episode
• Fender ’65 Deluxe Reverb 1x12 combo
• Fender ’65 Princeton Reverb 1x10 combo
• We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.
You can buy TPS merch to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives