Delay Basics: Uses, Misuses & Why Quick Delay Times Are Awesome
Published on 13 Nov 2015
In this episode, Daniel and Mick return to one their favourite topics: delay.
In no particular order, they touch on…
– Digital and analogue delay types
– Layering delays: using two delays at once
– Using delays with overdrive
– The benefits of using very fast delay times
– Thoughts on when you might want to – and not want to – use delay
– Hold function in the TimeLine
– Delay positioning in your signal chain
To help their discussion, they're enlisting the help of…
– Ibanez AD80 Analog Delay
– Analogman ARDX20
– Free The Tone Flight Time
– Strymon TimeLine
– Thorpy Muffroom Cloud
– Analogman King Of Tone
Daniel is playing his Fender Custom Shop ’63 Telecaster, Mick is playing a Collings CL Deluxe. Amps today are a Marshall JTM45 through a Marshall 2061cx 2x12 cabinet with Celestion G12H Anniversary speakers, and a Two-Rock Studio Pro 35 through a Custom Zilla 1x12 with a Celestion G12H-75 Creamback.
As always, all effects and amp switching and routing is handled effortlessly by TheGigRig G2.