Dan & Mick’s 2020 Resolutions [Happy New Year!]
Published on 3 Jan 2020
What are you resolving to do in 2020 when it comes to guitar? As the new year dawns, we discuss 10 things that will make our lives better…
Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Yes, we made it around another time, one year older, one year wiser… Okay, well one year older will do. From the bottom of our speaker cabs we wish you the very best for the year ahead, and talk about 10 things than Dan and I are going to do in 2020. Let’s see if we actually stick to them!
Enjoy the episode!
Pedals & stuff in this episode…
• 1965 Fender Telecaster
No longer made
• Effectrode Vacuum Tube Preamp
• Diamond Memory Lane Jr
• Matchless HC-30 with Hughes & Kettner Vintage 212 / Celestion G12M Greenback
• The GigRig Modular Power Supply System
• 1961 Fender Stratocaster
No longer made
• Schmidt Array SA250 Pedalboard
• Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2RVldeS
• Dan Drive Austin Pride Fuzz
Find Dan on Instagram @dandrivepedal
• Klon Centaur Professional Overdrive
Try klondirectsales on ebay, or your favourite vintage gear dealer
• Free The Tone Flight Time FT-2Y Digital Delay
• Two Rock Classic Reverb Signature with 2x12 cab / TR1265B speakers
The GigRig Modular Power Supply System
* Why do we have preferred retailer links? Find out here: http://www.thatpedalshow.com/partners
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
- Intro playing: 0:00
- Welcome and Happy New Year! 1:30
- What are we doing today? 2:30
- Dan #1: Valve preamps: 3:05 (4:02)
- Mick #1: Delay before overdrive: 6:20 (7:38)
- Dan #2: Work on jazz playing: 10:42
- Mick #2: Work on mental health (no jazz for me): 13:25
- Dan #3: Finish EP and get better recorded tones at home: 16:00
- Mick #3: Learn the piano? 23:15
- Dan #4: Acquire an old Tele: 32:45
- Mick #4: Resolve the Strat problem: 35:16
- Dan #5: Start gigging again: 42:13
- Mick #5: Start enjoying the guitar again: 44:01
Mick’s Reading List
PLEASE NOTE: Lots of people have asked me for links to the reading material I mention in this vlog, so they are as follows. I would like to stress that no books have all the answers. They may not be interesting or useful, and depending on the nature of your state of mind, they may be not advisable at all! However, I share them purely as titles that have helped me personally.
I AM NOT DOCTOR, A COUNSELLOR OR A PSYCHOTHERAPIST - all of the following is opinion based on what works for me.
Stay well y’all!
First off, I did some reading around the role of the body’s stress hormone, cortisol, and how many people suffering with depression also experience extended periods of high cortisol levels. There may be a correlation between the two. There are many articles on this – Google it – but the upshot seems to be that better diet (less sugar predominantly), less alcohol and increased exercise are all ways to combat high cortisol, and therefore reduce stress. After that…
Eckhart Tolle, The Power Of Now
Fumitake Koga, Ichiro Kishimi, The Courage To Be Disliked
Alfred Adler, Understanding Human Nature
Danu Morrigan, You’re Not Crazy It’s Your Mother
Mark Manson, The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F**k
I’m just getting started. Happy reading!
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.
You can buy TPS merch to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives