Can I Plug My Guitar Into That? [Or How To Rock Without An Amp]
Published 03 Mar 2023
You might think the answer is in modern tech. Well not necessarily…
Welcome to the show! It has been said that Daniel and I, well, aren’t exactly early adopters when it comes to the very most modern guitar tech. There are a number of reasons for that, but a very significant one is that with all the latest gizmology, connection protocols, app registration and seemingly bottomless user interfii*, the will of most Average Humans can be sapped entirely before a single note gets played.
So let’s just plug into a bunch of stuff and see if we can have More Fun With Less Tech. Is it even possible?
Enjoy the show…
* TPS plural of interface
And please visit That Pedal Shop https://www.thatpedalshop.com/
Pedals and stuff in today’s video
• IK Multimedia iRig Pro
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/41BNBqc
• IK Multimedia Amplitube
iOS app available from Apple App Store
Presumably similar things exist for Android
• Any Powered Speaker with an aux input – we love the look of this…
Laney Supergroup Bluetooth Speaker
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/3J0mRYW
• TheGigRig Three2One
• Sonic Research ST-200 Turbo Tuner
• Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/3EkUFv1
• Tone City Angel Wing Chorus
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2eWzSlC
• JHS 3 Series Delay
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/3y1oiBa
• Boss GE-7 Equalizer
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/3GCsOse
• Universal Audio Dream ’65 Reverb Amp
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/3EKwbxu
• The GigRig Humdinger
• The GigRig QMX4
• Tannoy Gold 5 Powered Monitor
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/3YcI9aj
• Line 6 Stage Source PA Cab
No Longer available
• Some old LG 50-inch TV
Any old TV will do… as long as it has an audio input!
• 1940s/50s Bell & Howell Filmosound 179
Modded/built by Hello Sailor Effects
• Some Random Megaphone
Dan found it on Amazon
• Line 6 Pocket Pod (into Mini car stereo aux input)
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/3YcGaCT
Interesting bits and go-to sections
0:00 Intro and welcome
3:00 You need an interface
6:10 Bluetooth/Aux speaker
10:15 Straight into the BT speaker
11:15 Add some pedals
13:20 Pedals into a Bluetooth speaker
15:10 Powered monitor speaker?
19:10 EQ to make louder?
20:30 Will it overdrive?
24:40 UA Dream ’65 Reverb
29:35 Powered PA cab & UA Dream
36:10 It’s too complicated now
37:10 What about your TV?
40:00 Overdrive the TV!
41:45 OD pedal into TV
45:23 Bell & Howell Cinema Speaker
53:50 Closing thinkables & observances
Guitars in this episode
• Gibson Custom Murphy Lab ’64 SG w/Maestro Vibrola, Light Aged. Hear it here: https://youtu.be/WixK3bzMyS4
• Fender Custom Shop ’63 Telecaster. Dan’s video here: https://youtu.be/qfLs2rAWYEU
• 1961 Fender Stratocaster. Video here: https://youtu.be/WOMHUQeHGRQ
• Gibson Custom True Historic 1957 Les Paul Goldtop, Murphy Aged - no video yet
Amps in this episode
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.
You can buy TPS merch to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives