Can I Get All This Stuff On A Small Pedalboard? [Erm, not exactly…] Mick’s Vlog
Published 10 Mar 2020
I wanted to put together a compact but versatile wet/dry pedalboard that’s easy to travel with, but doesn’t compromise on tones. Let's get wiring…
Welcome to the vlog! This is where you’ll find either one of us documenting our own journeys into gear, playing and related stuff.
In this episode I’m chasing the ultimate compromise of size, portability and versatility in a pedalboard that does everything I want it to do.
Dan and I had a couple of shows to attend where we were booked to do clinics: The UK Guitar Show in Birmingham UK, March 2020 and also the Larvik Guitar Festival in Norway at the end of the month. In those clinics we tend to talk about a wide variety of subjects, and so we need access to our most-used sounds.
This core board would be superb on its own, but seeing as the Birmingham show was just up the road, I also added a couple of extra bits for fun, and to really beef out the two-amp setup.
That’s not going to be possible for the Larvik show, so things will have to change. Let’s see how far I get…
Life too short for long YouTube videos? Interesting bits timings below.
And please subscribe!
Pedals & stuff in this video
• Schmidt Array SA350 pedalboatd
• Jim Dunlop Jimi Hendrix JHF1 Fuzz Face Pedal
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2AUTELD
• Cornerstone Gladio Double Preamp V1
https://reverb.com/uk/shop/guitar-bre... or https://www.guitar-breaks.com/gladio-...
• Klon Centaur Professional Overdrive
Try klondirectsales on ebay, or your favourite vintage gear dealer
• Mythos Argo Octave Fuzz
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2UT0EVw
• Catalinbread Echorec
USA & Europe: http://bit.ly/2mORqUL
• Free The Tone Flight Time FT-2Y Digital Delay
• Supro Tremolo
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2pZrAkZ
• Fulltone Tube Tape Echo
• TheGigRig QMX4
INTERESTING BITS & GO-TO SECTIONS
- Intro and welcome: 0:00
- We have a couple of things coming up: 0:15
- The quest for smallerness: 0:47
- Schmidt Array SA350: 1:22
- The two problems – big fuzz and tape echo: 2:04
- The new favourite overdrive: 3:35
- Boss Dimension or Neunaber Inspire? 4:12
- The initial layout sighting while it fit? 4:50
- Yep, that layout will work: 6:35
- Oh no it won’t… 7:38
- Build time-lapse 1: 7:55
- Power supply explanation and diagram: 8:45
- Build time-lapse 2: 11:30
- Boonar is gone: 12:42
- Signal chain explanation and diagram: 13:45
- Tube Tape Echo on and off: phase! 14:40
- Sounds: 16:00
- The guitar show! 22:35
- Roundup, conclusions and bit of mental health stuff: 24:35
Guitars and amps in this episode
• Fender American Vintage 1962 Stratocaster with Ron Ellis ’64 pickups
• Two Rock Classic Reverb Signature and 212 cabinet (TR1265 B speakers)
• Marshall 1987x (reissue) with Marshall 1960Ax (Celestion G12M Greenback speakers)
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.
You can buy TPS merch to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives