Because The World Needs Another Tube Screamer Video [Is Mick’s TS808 Still King?]
Published 16 Dec 2022
Origin Halcyon, Wampler Moxie, Kernom Ridge & Tone City Kaffir Lime take on Mick’s favourite 808…
Welcome to the show! Mick here, hello. Regular viewers will know that the not-so-humble Ibanez Tube Screamer is my favourite overdrive ever, erm, probably. And it’s a long-standing joke in the Pedalverse that the world really does not need any more TS-derived pedals. Nevertheless, companies keep releasing them, not least Wampler and Origin Effects with whom we’re chiefly concerned today. Chuck in the bonkers-value Tone City Kaffir Lime and the boundary-breaking Kernom Ridge and we’re ready to launch the Good Ship TPS onto the stormy Yet-Another-Tubescreamer-Video seas.
Setting our bearing for tone, we shall navigate using Mick’s Keeley modded TS808 and see if we can avoid a Dan-overboard situation, given that he really doesn’t like classic TS pedals… and bring this badly listing analogy to dry dock. What?!
Both amps are running all the time, just for the record.
Enjoy the show!
And please visit That Pedal Shop https://www.thatpedalshop.com/
Pedals and stuff in today’s video
• The Gigrig Three2One
• Sonic Research ST-200 Turbo Tuner
• Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer Keeley Mod (no longer available, links for the current standard one)
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2nOUIIO
• Tone City Kaffir. Lime
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2Q3V64W
• Origin Effects Halcyon Green
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/3Oi6S9G
• Wampler Moxie
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/3ciFcTH
• Kernom Ridge
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/3AL7W0f
• Source Audio Collider
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2HwaALt
• The Gigrig G3
Interesting bits and go-to sections
0:00 Intro playing
2:48 Why are we doing this?
6:35 Today’s amps
6:55 Mick’s fave TS808
9:33 Why doesn’t Dan like Tube Screamers?
11:50 Tone City Kaffir Lime, Strat & Tele
15:50 Origin Halcyon, Strat & Tele
23:25 Wampler Moxie, Strat & Tele
26:40 Kernom Ridge, Strat & Tele
30:00 TS-808, Gretsch & PRS
33:15 Kaffir Lime, Gretsch & PRS
35:45 Halycon with less overdrive?
38:44 Moxie with ES-335
41:10 What have we learned?
43:30 Do we need another Tube Screamer?
Guitars in this episode
• 1970 Fender Stratocaster - Mick’s video here: https://youtu.be/WOMHUQeHGRQ
• Fender Custom Shop ’63 Telecaster - Dan’s video here: https://youtu.be/rnQ4OIJFTgY
• Gretsch G6228 Player’s Edition Jet BT w/V Stoptail - video here: https://youtu.be/D9Qpna-bk9Q
• PRS McCarty Soapbar - Mick’s video here: https://youtu.be/evxwmx9Yf2c
• Gibson Memphis 1958 ES-335 – Mick’s video here - https://youtu.be/Ha82vk1wLyA
Amps in this episode
• Two Rock TS1 1x12 combo with TR1265B speaker
• Fender ’65 Deluxe Reverb with stock speaker
UK & Europe: https://bit.ly/2G9OnFJ
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.
You can buy TPS merch to support our efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
We are on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives