3 Angry Charlies vs Marshall Guv'nor, Wampler, Keeley & Carpe Diem
Published on Apr 15, 2016
2016 JHS Angry Charlie alert! It now has three-band EQ, so…
In this video Daniel and Mick are comparing the three different Charlies up to 2016, alongside the pedal that inspired it, the Marshall Guv’nor. Plus, just for good measure we also have a Wampler Plexi-Drive Deluxe, Keeley 1962x and a Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem.
Interesting bits and skip-to sections from today’s vid…
• What amps are we using today? 2:58
• Original Angry Charlie sound examples: 5:30
• Original Angry Charlie, 2016 Angry Charlie and @ (AT) compared – starts at 7:12
• 2016 Angry Charlie and Original Guv’nor compared – starts 11:13
• 2016 Angry Charlie & Original Angry Charlie presence and treble compared: 16:10
• Why the three-band EQ on the 2016 Angry Charlie makes it more versatile than the previous version: 18:20
(including proof that neither Mick nor Dan can play anything like Carlos Santana: 19:27)
• EQ on the original Guv’nor compared to the EQ on the 2016 Angry Charlie: 21:22
• Wampler Plexi-Drive Deluxe overview and compared with the 2016 Angry Charlie: 23:30
• Keeley 1962x overview: 30.10
(including proof that Mick can’t play anything like Clapton-era Bluesbreakers: 32:56)
• A little bit about Dan’s Les Paul: 35:25
• Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem sound examples with Les Paul and Strat: 37:04
• Dan’s Tele with all the pedals. And then ALL the pedals. Oh dear… 41:32
The pedals we’re using today are…
JHS Angry Charlie (original version)
JHS Angry Charlie (2016 3-band EQ version) - now on version 3
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2gVXQPy
JHS @ Andy Timmons - now on version 2
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2RgXMM0
Wampler Plexi-Drive Deluxe
Keeley 1962x - no longer made
Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem - no longer made
Original Marshall Guv’nor - no longer made
Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man 1100-TT
UK & Europe: http://bit.ly/2WbQLhG
Mick is playing a PRS DGT model, Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster and Collings 290 DC.
Dan is playing a Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard and Fender Custom Shop ’63 Telecaster.
Amps are a Fender Super Reverb with 4x10 Jensen alnico speakers and a Hamstead Artist 20+RT through a 1x12 Celestion Alnico Blue.
As always, all pedal and amp switching and routing is handled by TheGigRig G2.
For more on TheGigRig see www.thegigrig.com
If you like this stuff, please buy a T-shirt! http://www.thatpedalshowstore.com/